ADVERTISEMENT

Will Dougie Return

HuskerDee

Freshmen
Jan 25, 2003
I say yes. Too many good things will happen during this next season for him to NOT want to be part of. 1-Big East, 2-New Training Facility, 3-East Coast Exposure. What Do you say??
This post was edited on 4/7 9:55 AM by HuskerDee

I say no. His stock can not get any higher, and a less then stellar big east season would only hurt. Not to mention injury. As I say this, I hope I am wrong!

Yes.

Add: New CU records to set/break.
Add: Play in Major Conference.
Add: Play in the BE Tourney at MSG.
Add: Mucho games on national TV (Fox Sports 1). Will aid and improve his draft status.
Add: Finish his degree, as he doesn't NEED to go pro early, family isn't poor.
Add: The kid loves his Jays uni and isn't ready to pass it on yet.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Yes...we get to enjoy one last year of DMD, as a Jay.

Chad Ford projects Dougie as a possible 2nd round pick or undrafted. I know that those guys aren't always right and teams draft players who are good fits for their system, but this is good news to us Jays fans. Everything that I hear is that he is still undecided. I hope he realizes that another summer working on his game and strength will go a long ways for him. I personally don't think he is ready, but that's just my opinion.

I just feel that money won't be the final focal point for Doug. He seems to be very close to his father. The chance to play in the new big east, help cu and his father in this transition and of course, cement his name even deeper in cu basketball history. He's gotta come back! Right?

The argument that Doug will return because of his family's financial stability can be used just as easily the other way around. If he declares, goes in the second round, and doesn't make it in the league, he'd still have that financial security. On top of that, because his father is an employee of the university, he can always return to Creighton free of charge to finish out his degree. I want Doug to return just as much as the next guy, but his draft stock and chance to go in the first round will likely never be higher. I think he declares. I don't think Greg will put any pressure whatsoever on him to return, and if he feels this is Doug's best chance at an NBA career, he'll likely even encourage it.

Yep, I understand and agree with that thought process..... What a tough choice for a 20+ young man to be involved with and how most of us are anxiously awaiting..... Gotte be happy either way! What a ride Doug has given cu fans!

According to Andy Katz, Doug is a late 2nd round pick. And it's also noted that he will wait until the April 28th deadline to make his decision. Initially, I think Doug was leaning towards the nba. But now with other underclass net declaring for the draft, Doug is moving further away from the 1st round and that guaranteed money. Based on the so-called experts and their analysis, I think he returns to Creighton.

I hope so. It would be a shame if Doug got picked in the 2nd round and then either sat at the end of the bench for an NBA team or worse gets sent to the D-league while he could instead, help us transition into the Big East. Me being selfish of course.

I think he's gonna be a sleeper in the nba! Wouldn't it be sweet if he ended up being the next Larry bird??? I think he can do that with his work ethic. Now, just grow his hair out and get a cheesy mustache.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT