ADVERTISEMENT

Ruf and Venditte

Banter Tim

All American
Staff
May 29, 2014
There was a special baseball hilltoppers meeting last night where Pat Venditte and Darin Ruf came to speak. What great representatives of CU these two are. They both talked about where their careers are at and how much the fundamentals they were taught at Creighton put them ahead of the curve when they got to the majors. I know we all get frustrated with Ed's brand of ball and his teams have not won enough lately but I do believe he does teach fundamentals and these players are proof of it.
They also had some great stories about the day they were first called up.

Ed also talked about others inthe minors--Peter, Blach, Gerber, Soto all getting close to reaching the bigs in the next year or two.

Real veteren team back this year. Much stronger behind the plate with some transfers and pitching staff even strong with Groth back this year. No excuse not to win the league this year.

If you are interested in joining baseball hilltoppers let me know and I can get you the information. Also there is a baseball steak fry on Feb.6th at 5pm at the Field Club--I have info on that as well.

Also this is the 25th anniversary of the 91 team and they are going to induct the entire team in the baseball hall of fame and get as many players back for that celebration-date to be annouced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News