ADVERTISEMENT

Non Con scheduling

Banter Tim

All American
Staff
May 29, 2014
We posted a piece this morning on the front page about non conference scheduling and some ideas behind it. It is rather lengthy but give it a read and see what you think.

As this relates to Creighton, we put in a piece how CU could strengthen their non con. Last year's was not good.

Just as an FYI--and keep this on the board--the staff was interested in some of this and I passed it along to them. We have had a few discussions and I was privy to some scheduling info. Am not able yet to share it at this time and frankly most of it is not set in stone and is pretty vague at this point. However I can say they have done a good job in looking to strengthen the non con and still have the number of home games needed. It is very very difficult--it would be much easier if we just went out on the road and played a bunch of people but we need a certain amount of home games to make the finances work. Just guessing here but when the schdeule comes out it may, at first glance , not look that great because there may not be a lot of big name teams but it does check the box as far as NCSOS and that is what we are all looking for anyway--getting in the tourney and getting a good seed.

I'll share more when info becomes available.

I should add that a couple more things we have planned for the next few weeks--we are going to look back at what we said were the keys to the season and how they play out and then we will look at all of Mac's recruiting classes at CU and grade them based on performance

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News