ADVERTISEMENT

NEW--PLEASE READ--Bluejay Banter message board policies

Banter Tim

All American
Staff
May 29, 2014
Everyone— thought with the number of new members and the increase message board activity it would be a good time to republish and update the message board policies,

One of the main purposes of this board is to share inside information. Your subscription gives you the right to this information. As such let’s be respectful of all and make sure that the information received here stays here. That’s pretty much a standard policy but there are times to be even more careful about sharing info— Jeremy will usually give you a heads up along the lines of keep it here. Usually this has been info that is received from the staff and we have been given those instructions. To stay in their good graces and to keep getting that privileged information it’s important we respect the staffs decisions on said info.

IMPORTANT--there are also times when we can't give you a name of a recruit even though we may know it or have a good idea who it is. We will give it in due time. But to keep our pipeline of information flowing we have to be careful what we release and when. I know this doesn't make sense to some of you but I have learned the hard way and found that balancing the tight wire between releasing everything and being prudent is the best practice.

It is especially important as we continue to gain the staff's trust we need to keep things here. And anytime you spread information to others you cheapen it’s value as you have given info to people who have not paid for it. That lessens everyone’s value to being on the board so I’m sure you all want to be respectful to the other members here. I think everyone understands this. We have had to call very few people out on this so lets keep it that way.

The message board is for sharing opinions on Jays sports--no matter how far out those opinions may be. Healthy discussion and debate is good. Challenging one another stimulates thought and reflection. So it's all encouraged. Just remember if someone challenges your opinion its not personal. But DON"T get personal. No personal attacks. So if I challenge your thought don't be offended. Just remember I'm always right and learn going forward. (I'm kidding--I think!!)

There is one way to get on my bad side. Attacking my staff for the job they do. All of us who contribute to this site have other jobs. This is a part time gig. We spend a lot our free time trying to get you the best info possible. If you don't like the job we are doing I suggest two options. Find another source for your info or DM and me and we can have a discussion about it. (The second option is far and away the most preferred.) I am open to all and any suggestions. Just DM me and we can chat.

Some other points---

—Twitter is a great thing. Twitter is also a horrible thing. Just remember what we have learned. Don’t read into who follows who as a sign some recruit is going to sign here. We have seen so many times this means nothing at all. Post if you must but remember it’s far from a tell

—just remember everybody has a friend, relative, butcher etc who knows somebody who knows somebody who’s an insider. I can’t tell you the number of texts, emails, conversations that happen over a week with me where I’m given info. I rarely post any of it because the info is rarely accurate and events show these are just rumors and not fact. (Some of my favorites are we saw X recruit on campus today) No one is saying you can’t post this info but just keep in mind the accuracy of this info.

—please make sure to post info under the correct thread. This isn’t that big of a deal but it is frustrating to all when info on a recruit is posted all over the place, then that info is posted twice or more. Feel free to kindly point this out when you see it happen. Thanks

—this is just a pet peeve of mine but I think most would understand this one. When posting about a recruit and listing his ranking is it too much to ask to use the Rivals ranking and not the 247 rankings? I mean you have to look up the rankings anyway and since you’re on a Rivals board they are only a few clicks away. I know some like the way 247 does their rankings but there has never been anything to prove one is more accurate than the other. If you can do this as a personal favor to me it would be great. And I’ll repeat what we already posted that we should never post links to 247 stories since we now have a local competitor

—With all the don’ts I have a do. Please do post offers n visit info if you see it under the correct thread. There have been a ton thrown out there and it’s helpful if we miss any. Thanks to all who have done so in the past.

We are making some huge changes for the better over the next couple of months. I think most can guess that changes are coming to audio/video side. Much more on that in the days to come. Besides our increased recruiting staff we soon bring someone aboard to write for us. A big plus for all of us. ( also this summer we will bring back our evaluation of all of Mac's recruiting classes-something I know a lot of people look forward to)

Finally, I value each and everyone of our members and look forward to the year ahead. I hope we continue to have the robust discussions we have had this season and am excited what lies ahead. Also excited to get back to some normalcy. Still thinking about bringing the golf tourney back. Am also looking into having some other in person gatherings of our members.

Thanks again. Any questions hit me up with a PM

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel_Ott and Jays03
Appreciate all the staff does for this board and how great the board members are at not sharing inside info once we get it.

As social media has increased it’s influence exponentially, you see some of these football schools’ Rival’s pages with a ton of members don’t actually get inside info despite the paywall because they can’t be trusted to not share it. Kudos to the board members for being responsible with what we get from Tim, Jeremy, and now Zach and making the board worthwhile.

Rivals is doing some sort of update where people may begin to receive email notifications for interactions on this board. You can update your "Preferences" which can be found if you click on your name in the top right corner.

Rivals just wanted us to give everyone a heads up in case the update/email notifications bothered anyone.

Thank you so much! It is SO much better! The little things make a difference. You guys do a great job!

Reactions: teorear
Well it seems a certain post on this PRIVATE message board was shared with someone who is a WVA fan ( or at least pretends). It was posted on X - formerly Twitter- in an attempt to discredit me. That part bothers me little. What bothers me is that this is the biggest breach and violation of Rivals and board rules that we have ever seen.

Doesn’t take a genius to figure where this breach came from ( only a couple people were tagged)

The investigation won’t take long.Sharing of posts on this board will never tolerated. Sharing them on social media is beyond a “mistake” and the member or members responsible will have their accounts, at the very least, suspended.

Looking for someone to help out with the board. Need to be someone who spends a fair amount of time on here. PM me or send me a text if you have my info. Thx

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT