ADVERTISEMENT

Providence Game Thread

Banter Tim

All American
Staff
May 29, 2014
Big game Saturday

Ok this is my spot to piss off the constant negative nellys on the board.

Hearing a few talk about NET. Let me give you some historical info that may keep everyone engaged. Currently the Jays have #2 strength of schedule in the country. How important is that on selection Sunday? Read on.

A few years ago Vanderbilt had #2 SOS. Problem was they were like 19-15. A great debate went on. In or out. They were 2-12 vs Quad 1. They were something like 7-1 against Quad 2. Yeah 15 losses but 9 Q1 and 2 wins pretty strong. And the SOS.

I had them last team in over some strong mid majors and other power teams with 20 wins but with a much weaker SOS. In the end the committee selected them— siting the SOS. They were in the play in game but not the last team in.

Fast forward to CU. #2 SOS. Currently 9-8. Let’s project.

Wins @ home—X,Providence, Marquette, Nova, Gtn, STJ
Wins @ road— Gtn,Butler, SH, STJ,

So that’s 10-4 going forward including 1 home loss and 3 road losses. One win in BE tourney and that’s a 20-13 record. Plus that would be 4 quad ones and 6 quad twos.

I don’t think that’s a crazy run. And with those stats and SOS they would get in with room to spare.

Just shedding a little historical Bracketology light on the subject. Also pointing out that while many are ripping our difficult schedule — in the end it may be the thing that saves us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News