ADVERTISEMENT

Feedback on Q and A for Ryan Hawkins

Banter Tim

All American
Staff
May 29, 2014
I didn't want to over load you with threads but thought that this was the best way to give you the Q N A's from these players. This thread will just be for Ryan's responses.

Q N A 9/30

?1- In transitioning from D-II to D-I what has been the biggest challenge? What if any are the differences in practice?

Answer: The biggest challenge for me is the difference in pace of play. I came from a program that was very very good in the half court so the transition to a team that is elite at pushing the ball has been the hardest adjustment for me. There are more coaches involved at this level as there were only 2 coaches for me at the D2 level while there now more coaches and GA’s in the gym to help you get better.

?2-With the many new faces on the roster this year how has the team done learning and running the offensive and defensive schemes? Is it more or less difficult than you thought?

Answer: The summer was very helpful for our group to get the general concepts of what we want to do offensively down. Defensively it has taken our group longer to understand as defensive concepts take longer to develop habits and to understand how to move. Guarding at this level took about a week to get used to the speed but I feel I have found comfort in this defensive system.

?3- Name a player or players who have pleasantly surprised you with their ability or how they have looked in practice?

Answer: I feel that Alex O’Connell and I have a really good chemistry so far and I have been blown away with how well he moves without the ball in his hands. He really uses his athleticism offensively to put pressure on the rim from the guard position. Kalkbrenner has really impressed me with his awareness around the rim and how hard he works in the post to get the ball.

?4- Name one thing that has surprised you about Creighton? Also one thing that surprised you about Omaha?

Answer: The biggest thing that has surprised me so far is how friendly everyone within the athletic department has been. All athlete’s feel like a big family and go out of their way to be nice to you. I’m shocked by the amount of support that Omaha has shown me already considering I haven’t even played a game yet. Everyone from fans to boosters have reached out to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News