ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin Game Thread!!!

Keys:. tempo, transition buckets, Def rebounding

Marcus and Mo will have to be exactly who we believe them to be.

We'll need at least one third scorer to have good night from Khyri, IZ, Cole, Ronnie, etc.

Can't wait!

Keys:. tempo, transition buckets, Def rebounding

Marcus and Mo will have to be exactly who we believe them to be.

We'll need at least one third scorer to have good night from Khyri, IZ, Cole, Ronnie, etc.

Can't wait!

Justin Patton can be that third scorer too.

I'm trying hard not to let that last 12 minutes of the UMKC game get in my head. However, there isn't much history to go on yet soooooooo....

Hoping great guard play can trump large front court presence.

Reactions: bluejay-z
I'm trying hard not to let that last 12 minutes of the UMKC game get in my head. However, there isn't much history to go on yet soooooooo....

Hoping great guard play can trump large front court presence.

Trump. I see what you did there.

This same Wisconsin team lost to Nebraska by 12 on a neutral court last year. Jays win 71-64.

I don't usually post, but as a Wisconsin alum I have to comment on Kreuger's remark about the statue of Lincoln in front of Bascomb Hal on the UW campus. Legend has it that old Abe will stand up if a virgin walks in front of him. He has remained seated since the day he was installed many years ago!

Reactions: brampy
I've seen nothing yet from Cole, Z or Hanson to suggest that they're in good enough game-shape at this point to provide the sort of play the team needs from at least one of them in games against quality opposition. Unless Mo and Marcus are unstoppable and Justin, Khyri and Ronnie are at the top of their respective games, a loss seems pretty likely to me. Wisconsin's starters are extremely solid and 4 of those 5 guys have been together for what seems like ever, even though Brown and Showalter didn't get many minutes until last season.

Edit post game: thrilled to be wrong. Justin and Khyri were at their best, but Mo and Marcus were pretty average overall. Those 4 did account for the vast majority of the team's points, though. Ronnie played 2 minutes.

Team rebounding was bad. Can only improve from here, right?

Wasn't too impressed by the Badgers. Hope they also improve.

Last edited:
Heard on NBC Sports some guys talking about the Wisconsin game. They said Creighton appears to be living up to its billing and maybe will vastly exceed expectations this year due to the fact that nobody at the national level had been talking about Khyri Thomas. And they gave honorable mention props to Patton... even talking about his hook shot, and baseline reverse layup late in the game at the start of that run and how impressive he was and active on both ends of the floor even though he still can get a little lost on D sometimes. Basically they said Creighton has legit depth at positions 1-3, that Hanson is a serviceable big man and that Patton may become the x factor for this team by February.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT