ADVERTISEMENT

Trending

cujaysfan

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2002
Overall - i'd agree with TK's part one assesment

and - while i'm the casualest of women's hoops fan - i think flan deserves a little bit of a break on last year. Tritz was one of the better players at CU in some time - and her health issues - and unexpected sitting out her senior year was definitely a blow. if a healthy CT had been paired with janning - i have no doubt that the girls would have been in the NCAAs and probably done some damage. i'd almost give some sort of incomplete grade or pending based on that - but the flat isn't totally unfair grade.

I think Flan does a great job but to play devils advocate one could say that Tritz's productivity started to decline her junior year and they weren't really expecting much from her in her senior season. Also, they were picked to finish 2nd in the Big East Pre-season. So last season was a little bit of a disappointment.

CT wasn't healthy jr year either (at least from my understanding)

didn't she retire after predictions were made? IIRC it was right as practice was starting. I don't think anyone was surprised that she hung em up - but i do think that those making predictions likely factored her being on the court.

it's a bit of a nit to pick at overall.

i'm willing to give Flan some benefit of doubt on it.

and there's just nothing else to talk about right now.

Originally posted by cujaysfan:
CT wasn't healthy jr year either (at least from my understanding)

didn't she retire after predictions were made? IIRC it was right as practice was starting. I don't think anyone was surprised that she hung em up - but i do think that those making predictions likely factored her being on the court.

it's a bit of a nit to pick at overall.

i'm willing to give Flan some benefit of doubt on it.

and there's just nothing else to talk about right now.
No she wasn't healthy her Junior year, that's why I don't think they expected to get much out of her for her senior season. But you're right, I was just playing devils advocate to get the conversation going. I like Flan and think he does a good job. I don't know how the Big East stacks up this season but hopefully his non-conference schedule doesn't bury his team and their confidence.
This post was edited on 7/7 1:07 PM by Banter Heath

Women's basketball was a tough one for me. I gauged it a little on the volleyball team. The VB program had been growing over the last couple of years and expectations were growing last year. I feel for the most part the team met those expectations. It just seems like with women's basketball we never get over the hump and fall short. With next season and a very young team I think we have to step back and wait for two years to see where we are at. If we don't make progress not only in the Big East but nationally then I thnk its time to take a hard look at whats going on.

agree with that TK

the good news is - there is no better AD in the country to evaluate a women's hoops program than Bruce

I'm a Flan fan. I hope the girls can continue to improve and have some BE/NCAA success.

Well Jon Rothstein sure thinks the Men's Basketball program is trending downward. Picked us 8th in his pre-season Big East Predictions which I think is ridiculous.

Well he picked us 7th last year so going off that and considering what we lost sounds like he has more respect for us this year:)

I can easily come up with 4 teams worse than Creighton. How we do on the road will be the differnce.

Go Jays
indifferent.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/4 6:57 AM by Irish0687

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT