ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting UPDATES??

Totally agree. Especially going into Big East recruiting. There has to be more recruiting stories to tell.

I know where you can get CU recruiting information that you have to pay a little money for but that seems to be ahead of the curve and it's not the Scout site. I know another site that is free but isn't quite so ahead of the curve.

Care to share cause im not getting too much from the two sites I'm payin for..

Then you haven't been paying attention, 915. I say that because this site (though it isn't as active as others) has provided some of the earliest information which has also turned out to be the most accurate in most instances. I enjoy the Underground site as well, but as you know most of the activity on that site isn't necessarily informative, but people expressing opinions, guesses and speculations. That is not a criticism of that site. There is defnintely a place for that too. I also pay at the Scout site, which at the moment (in my opinion) is the weakest of the three. I hope Vinny will be able to improve that product which was very weak when Vinny took over and I believe he will be able to do so.

My real reason for writing was because, while I know slamming this site is the fashionable thing to for all the MP haters, this most recent thread, in my humble opinion, has been ridiculous. When you join this site or the Scout site it is made clear from the outset that access to some portions of the site are free and some require a fee. It is ridiculous that those choosing only the free membership complain because they don't get access to information on fee-based side. That is the nature of commerce. They have a product. They provide that product for a price. The potential consumer has a choice, pay the price to get the product or do without. I think that Porshe should make a sports car that I can afford. They are happy to provide their product to their current market share and don't care what I think. That is their right. The bitcher's and complainers on this thread are complaining because they aren't getting everything they want for free! Really? What fairy tale world do they live in.

Jet915 you say you're unhappy with the service you are getting from this site and the Scout site you are paying for. That entitles you to complain. The managers of those two sites can choose to respond positively or negatively to your complaints or ignore your complaints all together. If they choose to ignore your complaints, you as the consumer, can choose to discontinue participation. But I have no sympathy for whiners who complain that they don't get free the services others pay for. Do any of them provide goods or services that they aren't compensated for? Get Real! And that you for affording me the opportunity to rant. Let the bash fest now begin.

I agree, I have the right cancel (although they don't make it easy). Part of the reason I'm staying is I actually get good jays info from other rivals sites from other teams. Matt does have good info but its few and far between. Not many stories being written on recruits. I look at other sites and they have 2-3 recruiting stories every week. I agree, vinny's site is really weak, kind of regretting paying for that cause scout is weak in general. Hopefully vinny can get get more stories. Most if not all the stuff I get from scout I can find on my own.

My main complaint about this rival site is the scarcity of information. I believe this site suffers from not having a local person to working on pertinent stories and information. Matt does have some good recuiting information, but that is about all. I would like more stories about the young players on the team and how their devolpment is going. The huskers rivals site post many updates on how the football season is going for the verbally committed recruits. I would like to see something similar for this site for the jay recruits.

So how do i subscribe to this site if i am already a subscriber to Rivals NU site? it has been my understanding that i cannot subscribe to both.

Sorry for just seeing this - I got married on the first and I'm in New Orleans right now.

All I try to do is be accurate with what I tell my subscribers. That's what I think you guys pay for. I talk to sources, I interview recruits and I tell you what I know on the premium side.

Let's be honest - the amount of free content available is significant. The pay-model for a basketball-only website is difficult to sustain and there are things that I think work for this site. I feel like the clients/subs we have want the most in-depth, up-to-minute info that I am able to acquire. However, the OWH has added to their coverage since Doug became a star. A free site run by like 8 people became very popular and a another pay-site was started. Creighton had none of this when I started the pre/post gm shows on 590 to increase exposure. I love the coverage the Jays get now.

So, while I get that some people will never do business with me ... I do think there is a role for what we provide. I've been covering the Jays since 2004 in a variety of ways. I love it. I barely make enough money to cover the travel that I do during the year and this year - I will lose money for the first time with the traveling I will do for gms. I'm ok with that.

But if aren't a paying member - how do you know what I provide doesn't have value?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

it appears that Leon Gilmore's decision is today, Monday, September 23rd.

Also, Josh Cunningham liked what he saw. Lets hope some scholly's start falling.
This post was edited on 9/23 10:02 AM by HuskerDee

Thanks Husker Dee ... this is a good example of what I provide that's on the pay side. I gave a in-depth breakdown of a conversation I had with Josh Cunningham last night about his visit. I don't put stuff on the network a lot anymore for a variety of reasons but there is exclusive info.

You are correct on Leon. Should be within the next few hours....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT