ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Huskers vs. Shockers

I voted for WSU. It would be cool to play both every year but I voted for WSU because it sounds like the Big East will be playing a Big Ten team each year no matter what. I'm not a fan of either fan bases but WSU has been a better rivalry.

I would love to see the Nebraska game go away in the face of the Big East / Big 10 Challenge. I would love to bring back the WSU rivalry game because while I really dislike WSU, at least I respect their success, and where they came from. To me, WSU is Creighton's alter ego: With a public school, fans I can't stand... but they are a power mid-major with a big basketball budget, in an averaged sized city on the great plains and they are an old rival in the MVC. It would not be a bad game to play. I honestly can't think of a team I'd rather play annually right now (out of conference) if only because we've had a great rivalry the past decade, and it was really one of the only things I was personally going to miss about moving to the Big East. Call me crazy. At least there is a real rivalry with WSU that doesn't exist because of geography.

I do not respect Nebraska's program. In fact, generally I do my best to disrespect it, and make fun of their lack of success. They are not worth playing, it just gives Husker fans a chance to take shots. Even when they were really really bad a few years back, they wouldn't fill half of their arena (named after a football coach) except for when Kansas or Creighton showed up. Then it was packed to the gills with Husker fans hanging from the rafters... filled with the lowest basketball IQ minds in America, all there to cheer on their second-rate basketball program that has never won an NCAA tourney game, and hope for a victory against the dreaded and "crappy mid-major school" Creighton. All while asking questions like "Are the quarters in college basketball really 20 minutes long" or "an interception in basketball is called a steal?" Yes, this happened at the game in 2010. I heard it. In 2012 I overheard a husker fan talk to his buddy for like 4 minutes about how "a dunk should really be worth 3 points" and all his brilliant reasonings there. They are basically the moral embodiment of the Colorado Football program that they always despised: disrespectful and band-wagon prone, only show up for games they deem important. But in the case of Creighton, Nebraska fans always pretend the game is not important. It was also the husker die-hard that perpetuated the Jaysker lie. There maybe many casual fans that don't really support the team that casually follow Creighton's success as a fan while also cheering for Husker football. But most Jaybackers that fuel the programs success with money and their fan support at live events are graduates, and also /or citizens of the city who moved their from out of state... supporting the local program. Nebraska fans don't get that we can exist inside the state boundary, and not care about Nebraska. Like Doug McDermott, most of us don't give two shits about Nebraska. And I honestly don't want to give them the satisfaction of playing our program, while they pretend they are too good for us. SO THERE!
This post was edited on 10/23 2:34 PM by dakphonics

Originally posted by dakphonics:
I would love to see the Nebraska game go away in the face of the Big East / Big 10 Challenge. I would love to bring back the WSU rivalry game because while I really dislike WSU, at least I respect their success, and where they came from. To me, WSU is Creighton's alter ego: With a public school, fans I can't stand... but they are a power mid-major with a big basketball budget, in an averaged sized city on the great plains and they are an old rival in the MVC. It would not be a bad game to play. I honestly can't think of a team I'd rather play annually right now (out of conference) if only because we've had a great rivalry the past decade, and it was really one of the only things I was personally going to miss about moving to the Big East. Call me crazy. At least there is a real rivalry with WSU that doesn't exist because of geography.

I do not respect Nebraska's program. In fact, generally I do my best to disrespect it, and make fun of their lack of success. They are not worth playing, it just gives Husker fans a chance to take shots. Even when they were really really bad a few years back, they wouldn't fill half of their arena (named after a football coach) except for when Kansas or Creighton showed up. Then it was packed to the gills with Husker fans hanging from the rafters... filled with the lowest basketball IQ minds in America, all there to cheer on their second-rate basketball program that has never won an NCAA tourney game, and hope for a victory against the dreaded and "crappy mid-major school" Creighton. All while asking questions like "Are the quarters in college basketball really 20 minutes long" or "an interception in basketball is called a steal?" Yes, this happened at the game in 2010. I heard it. In 2012 I overheard a husker fan talk to his buddy for like 4 minutes about how "a dunk should really be worth 3 points" and all his brilliant reasonings there. They are basically the moral embodiment of the Colorado Football program that they always despised: disrespectful and band-wagon prone, only show up for games they deem important. But in the case of Creighton, Nebraska fans always pretend the game is not important. It was also the husker die-hard that perpetuated the Jaysker lie. There maybe many casual fans that don't really support the team that casually follow Creighton's success as a fan while also cheering for Husker football. But most Jaybackers that fuel the programs success with money and their fan support at live events are graduates, and also /or citizens of the city who moved their from out of state... supporting the local program. Nebraska fans don't get that we can exist inside the state boundary, and not care about Nebraska. Like Doug McDermott, most of us don't give two shits about Nebraska. And I honestly don't want to give them the satisfaction of playing our program, while they pretend they are too good for us. SO THERE!

This post was edited on 10/23 2:34 PM by dakphonics
First let me say that I would like to see Creighton to play Kansas consistently because they are a great program and every basketball fan needs to experience a game in Allen Fieldhouse.

Secondly, overall well said on WSU and Nebraska. I don't like either fan bases but at least WSU is passionate and always supportive. I think Miles will be gone as soon as he gets a better job offer then it's back to square one for Nebraska.

Great post Dak!!

I woudl like to play both each year. And I understand your hatred of NU. But come on. We have to play our in state rival every year. I mean how would it look if we decided not to play them now that they have had a little success. Remember how Cook ducked us in VB? yes I hate everything about them but we have to play them.

As much as I would want to play WSU they are a mid major. Since we would rarely get a home and home with a BCS school when we were in the Valley I wouldn't want to help out WSU's schedule by playing them. I think it makes them more irrate when we just ignore them.

Oh yes....I remember the Civic being filled to the gills when the Jays were horrible. Lmao...what was the average like 3,000 fans? Get real and get off your high horse. I also love the wishful thinking that Miles will be leaving soon!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

To a 31 year old Creighton grad... the time you speak of (The mid-90s) might as well be ancient history. I mean that was when Nebraska was actually dominant at football!

Creighton has been good ever since I started caring about college basketball when I was 15. and in that same time-frame, Nebraska has been embarrassingly bad at basketball. They maintain the record of being 1 of 2 schools among the P5 conferences to have never won an NCAA tournament game. (The other being Northwestern). So by the only measuring stick that matters, Nebraska is among the worst of the worst of the worst. You've helped me make every point I was trying to make about Nebraska acting like they deserve respect without earning it and having fans pretending they are so far above Creighton, while simultaneously behaving like they have no greater enemy in the sport. Thanks for making my point. Go home husker fan... you're drunk.

This post was edited on 10/27 11:31 AM by dakphonics

So history only matters if you are a basketball fan? Do you really think recruits care about MO Valley titles? You do realize just about every team in the new Big East has a better history than Creighton basketball right? Do you think Tim Miles cared about Nebraska's historical failures in basketball? It sure isn't stopping him from building a nice little program in Lincoln is it? Nor is it stopping recruits from picking NU over CU. Creighton fans always blast NU fans for living in the past....so Creighton fan....live in the now! Where NU is ranked in the top 25 and the Jays are predicted 9th in a 10 team league.

Thank you again KcRoyals13 for continuing to perfectly embody everything I've claimed about Husker fans! Again... If I didn't know any better, I'd think that this troll was a Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin or God forbid an Iowa fan trying to give Nebraska fans a bad name... I mean I know there is a placard above the East entrance of memorial stadium carved in stone that clearly states that Nebraska fans are "The Greatest" in all the world and thus morally superior, and correct in every sports related argument, however void of logic it may be. And when I say Greatest, I mean they are the greatest by every objective and subjective measure. I don't think trolling a Creighton message board is really is in the spirit of what makes for "The Greatest" fan, right? This guy must not be a Nebraska fan. Nebraska fans are only humble, respectful, smart, generous, nice, hospitable, friendly, loyal, fare, square, better looking and so-on and so-forth. That placard above the East gate is gospel and not just a piece of granite fashioned to inflate the self-importance of husker faithful coming through the gate. This guy is clearly a scum-bag troll, so he is obviously not a Husker fan.

This post was edited on 10/27 8:14 PM by dakphonics

Originally posted by dakphonics:

Thank you again KcRoyals13 for continuing to perfectly embody everything I've claimed about Husker fans! Again... If I didn't know any better, I'd think that this troll was a Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin or God forbid an Iowa fan trying to give Nebraska fans a bad name... I mean I know there is a placard above the East entrance of memorial stadium carved in stone that clearly states that Nebraska fans are "The Greatest" in all the world. And when I say Greatest, I mean they are the greatest by every objective and subjective measure. I don't think trolling a Creighton message board is really is in the spirit of what makes for "The Greatest" fan, right? This guy must not be a Nebraska fan. Nebraska fans are only humble, respectful, smart, generous, nice, hospitable, friendly, loyal, fare, square, better looking and so-on and so-forth. That placard about the East gate is gospel and not just a piece of granite fashioned to inflate the self-importance of husker faithful coming through the gate. This guy is clearly a scum-bag troll, so he is obviously not a Husker fan.
Ahhh yes, completely gloss over everything I just posted and instead go off on a tangent. If anything, you are acting like the Nebraska fan you hate. Pot.Meet.Kettle

This is my thread on a Creighton message board. There is no greater tangent that has been gone-off-on, than you showing up here and reacting to what I wrote...continuing to over-and-over again reinforce the things that I wrote about Nebraska fans. And I glossed over nothing. I ignored the content of your comments because your input isn't welcome. There is a difference. I'm not obligated to respond to a troll. If I just go ahead and destroy you intellectually it doesn't change anyone's position on this board, so it is just a waste of my time. So please, leave this board and never come back. I don't care about you or your 2nd rate basketball program.

Not obligated no....but you keep responding anyways! Welcome to message board life where many fans of all different teams are free to come and go as they please! And what's even better is that Rivals gives you the option of ignoring them if you so choose! But, by all means get your rocks off on "destroying" someone on the internetz showing that you are just sooooooo intelligent. I mean, that doesn't sound like the Husker fan you say acts like he is better than little brother Creighton at all! Again....hello pot! Meet my friend kettle. Oh and yes, clearly you don't care about Nebraska at all. That is evident by this thread. Now despite not caring at all(yeah right) I fully expect you to come back and post a solid angry response...because well, you mad bro. You mad.

If it were even possible... I'd prefer Kansas. If not KU, then Mizzou, Memphis, or the Shockers.
(voted for the Shocks, for oldtimes sakes.) I wouldn't mind if we scheduled the Zags.

We could certainly use a west coast H&H and a southern H&H to round up our SOS'. Have the Gavit Games and our H&H with Oklahoma coming up

This post was edited on 10/28 10:07 AM by gtmoBlue

I love the idea of playing the Zags every year! Memphis would be quality too.

I only kept it to WSU and Nebraska because of the existing rivalries. And I think by now I've made my point why I like one more than the other if it came down to one. Rivalries in the conference will take time. And that will make it more fun.

PS: I forgot that we now have an H&H with Arizona St beginning in 2015. Hoping the league can close the deal on a BE/PAC12 Challenge beginning in 2015.

Even with such a deal would still like to play the Zags. Try and get an SEC (Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Mizzou, Vandy) H&H. Arkansas or Mizzou would be a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT