ADVERTISEMENT

nick bahe am590

That's the rumor since he left Lincoln. Hopefully it's true.

I know they interviewed him ... not sure where they are with it now though ... I was talking to people in Omaha about it who work at Journal while I was in town and there is mutual interest there.

I know there is a real thought that 590 and Creighton could part ways soon. The fact that they cut down the TV games and now Fox Sports 1 is going to grab a ton of games is limiting the value of 590's deal with Creighton.

If I'm Nick, I go where Creighton goes. 1620 has everything else .. they might get basketball as well. I'm not there so this is just want I was told from a few people that I know. No clue where they are at now. Interesting to watch ...

Matt, would Creighton need a network with 1620. I heard awhile back that was a big advantage of 590 because of the signal.

That was with Dana ... He required 590's reach. Now w Mac, it's about the deal. 1620 could do a network but where? Omaha is the only market you have to hold ... Others are just for pocket change. TV is the real power and Journal dropped the ball and their desire to produce gms
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Jays03:
Hopefully they can add Bahe otherwise it will be tough to listen to a bunch of football players/ fans talk about basketball.

This post was edited on 6/28 1:29 PM by Jays03
+ infinity

Their station is more highly ranked in this market, and we feel there will be greater synergy between our product and their sports talk shows.''

Has Ras listened to their shows? Apparently, they are big Creighton bashers...

Ras knows but 590 is a sinking ship and 1620's company is where all the other CU sports air. Plus - Journal isn't needed anymore with Fox Sports 1. Good biz move ... Not great for CU fans right now but should be long term
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Can't say I am happy about the afternoon 1620 host who is quite out front about his disdain for CU basketball now being the flag ship for CU radio. Also have heard rumors that 1620 has a limited reach and listeners outside of Omaha will not be able to hear games.

But I understand Money is the driver.

I understand the move but am disapointed in it cause of the reach to outstate Nebraska. Being a bluejay fan from east central nebraska is going to hurt now. Hope they juice up the watts for more reach.

Nick is back at 1620 The Zone with his own show from 11-2pm starting August 5th.

I'm sure this is good for Creighton, but living near Norfolk, this really sucks. 1620 isn't even an option around here unless your near a computer. I really wish 1620 would boost their signal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT