ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Watson jr

Banter Tim

All American
Staff
May 29, 2014
Maurice Watson Jr was on Bluejay Banter tonight. We asked a question about his game next year with Marcus Foster on the floor. Mo said he would need to change his game a little because of Foster's talent.

So that leads me to a question. Who will be the biggest benefactor of Foster being on the floor and garnering extra attention from the opponents.

I think as Foster drives it will open up a lot of open threes for Huff and Hegner.

Maurice Watson Jr was on Bluejay Banter tonight. We asked a question about his game next year with Marcus Foster on the floor. Mo said he would need to change his game a little because of Foster's talent.

So that leads me to a question. Who will be the biggest benefactor of Foster being on the floor and garnering extra attention from the opponents.

I think as Foster drives it will open up a lot of open threes for Huff and Hegner.

I don't think Foster is really a drive and dish guy like Maurice, so I don't see him opening up a bunch of threes for other players. I really hope it takes some pressure off Khyri Thomas offensively. With Huff, Watson and Foster on the floor, Thomas shouldn't need to contribute much offensively and he can focus on defending the other team's best player and rebounding.

I don't think Foster is really a drive and dish guy like Maurice, so I don't see him opening up a bunch of threes for other players. I really hope it takes some pressure off Khyri Thomas offensively. With Huff, Watson and Foster on the floor, Thomas shouldn't need to contribute much offensively and he can focus on defending the other team's best player and rebounding.

I'm not saying he's a drive and dish guy. But when Mac runs his stuff teams are really going to hedge on Foster which could leave others more room--namely shooters like Cole and Toby.

Marcus is a proven commodity as an offensive player. He is difficult to contain or stop and each of our bigs should benefit when they are on the floor. As a guy who can stop n pop AND slash to the rim, Marcus' taking much of the focus-along with folks also focusing on Mo, will open up the game for whichever 4 and 5 are in the game. He will slash n score, slash and get the foul, or slash and dish to a big when necessary. Furthermore, he adds another undeniable talent as a go-to guy and a clutch-crunchtime performer. His talent, skill, experience, and poise will make this Jays team exponentially better.

Our bigs will need to perform well (similarly to the 'Nova bigs last season) but should have no pressure to 'carry' the team. Mo and Marcus should thrive and our other wings will benefit from their freedom to contribute without the pressure of being a go-to player this year.

Last edited:
foster appears to be a guy who can get his whenever wherever.

he didn't have near the pieces around him at K-State - so dishing probably wasn't in the cards as much. if he buys in to Mac's system and culture of unselfishness - maybe we'll see that part of his game improve.

lot of fun pieces to consider for next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT