ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Perrault

Mightyskid

Freshmen
May 25, 2011
Hi everyone,

I haven't been active on this site,for awhile, but have been a paying member for over 2 years. I was very excited to see that Vinny would be taking over the site, but was saddened to hear Matt backed out on his promise to leave on April 1st. I have nothing against Matt personally, but I believe his mismanagement of this site has driven it into the ground. Does anyone have instructions on how to cancel a subscription to this site?

I don't get how I backed out when Rivals is requiring me to sign a non-compete in order to give Vinny the site. If they let me go - Vinny has the site. If they don't - I can't do anything about that. Canceling is easy - just call Rivals
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Matt help us understand why signing a non-compete is a problem for you. You claimed a week ago that you were hanging it up to focus on running your radio station, which if true no one could ever have a case for you to violate this non complete. A breach would only occur if you took existing clients or sponsors to a competing site which you don't have anyway. This is like a shoe salesman saying that a non compete is effecting his ability to go and be a florist.

Now do you owe anyone a response? Certainly not, but I thought I read somewhere that you were interested in rebuilding a strained relationship with cu fans.

Answering this simple question my be the start of that

Your move

Because Fox Sports 1 owns the rights to the Big East. I work and live in Big East territory and ... well, I have options. That's all I'm going to say but I will not sign a non-compete clause that would close doors on opportunities. Like I said, the Big East has changed a lot of things.

Fair enough. Now a follow up question. In the thread a week ago when you seemingly had decided to hand this site over, I believe the over whelming message was that vinny was better prepared and had more time to run this site and that all you really cared about was this site succeeding and it isn't and never was about the money.

With your last response you pull a complete 180 and it is clearly about you and the money that you potentially can lose out on.........so which thread were you full of crap in? This one or the one a week ago?

Nope, still true... although it was before the Big East deal with Creighton and thus Fox Sports 1 being invested in the Jays. If Rivals let's me walk without a non-compete, I'm good giving this site to Vinny. However, that doesn't mean I would be gone 100% from covering Creighton. The Jays will be in my backyard now....recruiting the prep schools in New Hampshire will be a must. There are people who will want to hire me if I'm a free agent.

This is kinda murky and not very clear ... I get that but I can't talk about things that were presented to me. All I can say is that I will not sign a non-compete. I'll be done with my contract on July 1st, 2014. When that happens, we will see where I'm at with this site.

I do not want Vinny to go anywhere. He has been paid 50% of all revenue for over 6 months. He has a vested interest in this site. There is no reason why we can't keep going as we were until the end of my contract.

But to answer your question - yes, my time is a major concern. This summer - I have to figure out how this will work.

This post was edited on 3/19 10:31 AM by Matt Perrault

I have no ill will towards anyone here. I just see how a fellow Nebraska teams rivals site is handled and covered. Makes me wish there was more coverage on all of Creighton's athletics here. I see the message board reaction on their site, and even though some is negative, there are numerous more positive comments then on here. I know you live out East Matt, but other than Vinny, don't you have someone out here to cover Creighton sports day by day?

Hello,

If you knew how much money this site makes - you would never compare us to Huskeronline.com. The move to the Big East could change this ... but right now - Vinny and I are both part time....one day - who knows.

This post was edited on 3/20 4:51 PM by Matt Perrault

Thanks for the reply. I understand money can be an issue for live coverage. At the very least can AP stories be linked for baseball. and womens basketball? For some they are hard to find and I feel people would appreciate this site being a one stop shop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT