ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Goodman on Davion Mintz

banter heath

Senior
Staff
May 29, 2014
ESPN's Jeff Goodman chimes in on Davion Mintz http://es.pn/1WFkcGD

20. Davion Mintz, Creighton Bluejays

Mintz is the lone member of coach Greg McDermott's recruiting class, and he will likely back up Maurice Watson Jr. at point guard. Mintz, a 6-foot-3 guard from North Carolina who has great feel and vision, could battle Syracuse transfer Kaleb Joseph, who is sitting out this season, for the starting spot after Watson graduates. Mintz makes quality decisions and has the necessary athleticism, but the question will be if he can make shots from beyond the arc. Look for Mintz to play sparingly this season and then have a shot to earn extended minutes as a sophomore. -- Goodman

I think he will get plenty of oportunities to play

Davion made 10 or more 3's in a game multiple times too. I don't question his ability to shoot from the outside. Not sure where Goodman is getting that. Mintz was a very under the radar recruit like I put in my story with him, I highly doubt Goodman has even seen him play.

Reactions: LincolnJay
Davion made 10 or more 3's in a game multiple times too. I don't question his ability to shoot from the outside. Not sure where Goodman is getting that. Mintz was a very under the radar recruit like I put in my story with him, I highly doubt Goodman has even seen him play.

Agreed. It shows me that these guys really don't follow this stuff as closely as the fans of the team the kid pledges to.

Just watching Mintz, he seems like an underrecruited guy. 6' 3 PG with long arms and explosive going up off of one foot. I say this probably every year, but I'm not sure if I've ever been more excited for a summer league

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT