ADVERTISEMENT

Do you miss the Missouri Valley yet?

Jul 13, 2013
I'm a longtime MIZZOU fan but have always loved the Jays and the MVC. Bradley, Witchita St. Ect. Great great conference. Games were always tuff. Just wondering if you miss it

The Valley gave me some great memories personally. Right now I'm so excited to be in the Big East I can hardly stand it! Its not the same as Missouri switching from the Big 12 to the SEC. Since Creighton moved from a mid major to a major basketball conference it was a no brainer.

Originally posted by frazier32t:
I'm a longtime MIZZOU fan but have always loved the Jays and the MVC. Bradley, Witchita St. Ect. Great great conference. Games were always tuff. Just wondering if you miss it
Does Mizzou miss the Big 8?

Other than Nebraska football, I think conference changes have been good.

Nebraska in the B1G with Penn State, soon to be Maryland and Rutgers.

Creighton in the Big East. The coverage and access on FS1 has been good for Creighton.

Northern Iowa now with Loyola, which makes rooting for UNI easier in may household.

peace

Now that the first year is almost complete, I'll give my take. Yes, I miss playing some of the old teams. Also, I'd love to see what our record would be in the MVC right now compared to Wichita State. Overall though, I think the Big East is more prominent with much better competition. I think it will bolster Creighton's name overall too. We'll see how good Creighton is next year without DOUGIE. In closing yes I miss the MVC a little, but am more excited for the future in the Big East.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT