ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton vs. Wayne State Exhibition Game Thread

Looking forward to seeing how Justin plays--despite the fact that WSC doesn't have much inside presence. Also looking forward to the battle at the 4 spot and seeing Mintz play

Looking forward to what the new guys bring - and that includes both JP and Martin.

Killer instinct - wanna see us bury teams that we outclass - and carry that through the season. I hate playing to the level of the competition.

Hoping to see a lot of blocked shots. Hoping to see us aggressively go after D rebs. Hoping to see Taz confidently drill shots.

Mostly, looking forward to seeing the most athletic Jays squad of my lifetime and what this season could bring.

Looking forward to what the new guys bring - and that includes both JP and Martin.

Killer instinct - wanna see us bury teams that we outclass - and carry that through the season. I hate playing to the level of the competition.

Hoping to see a lot of blocked shots. Hoping to see us aggressively go after D rebs. Hoping to see Taz confidently drill shots.

Mostly, looking forward to seeing the most athletic Jays squad of my lifetime and what this season could bring.

Blocked shots need to happen on Friday because they're not happening against a team like Wayne State, they're probably not happening against Big East teams. Patton and Martin hopefully each get a couple of blocks.

I agree with the rebounding. We are a couple games away from a Wisconsin team that despite having a strong front-court really struggled with boards all of last year. So I want to see the players having that mindset now in these early contests that they have to get the ball off of every miss like their life depends on it. Rebounding is part attitude so I want to see it because it can make the difference in games at home against top 10 teams like WIisconsin. I otherwise just generally want to see unselfish play, good communication and great team chemistry... all the things that have been talked-up all throughout the off season.

Reactions: jaynut
With as many good players as we have each guy is going to play about five or six hard minutes with everything hanging out and then get subbed out for a rest. There is no reason not to play like your hair is on fire.

Go Jays!!

With as many good players as we have each guy is going to play about five or six hard minutes with everything hanging out and then get subbed out for a rest. There is no reason not to play like your hair is on fire.

Go Jays!!

That is a good point and speaking of that, another thing I'm really going to be looking at is Davion. I want to see if and how much the offense slows down when he comes in to spell Wop. I hope to see Davion confidently push the ball and push the pace. That is something he's struggled with at times in practice but that's because he's a freshman.

Go Jays!!

I wish that was Mac's MO. I think it's going to be hard for him to take Mo and Marcus off the floor.

I hope neither get worned down over the course of the season.

I'm actually going to get to go to the game tomorrow. I don't have anything else I have to do so I'm going to write a story for our HS site about the local kids on Wayne State getting to play at the CLink and the AAU ties between the teams.

The day is finally here! Don't forget Corey Lathrop and I will be doing Bluejay Shootaround at 6 pm on 1620 the Zone and then Tim and Ravi will be at DJ's Dugout downtown for Overtime taking your calls after the game.

I'm hoping to see rebounding from the post and some penetration from the wing.

have starters been announced? never did hear if zach or JP started against Mizzou. kind of curious bout that...

Starters set out in the fishwrap were:

F - Cole Huff
C - Justin Patton
G - Maurice Watson, Jr.
G - Marcus Foster
G - Khyri Thomas

Obviously the competition plays a big part in this as Wayne State doesn't have much size, but early returns on Ronnie Harrell as a full-time four are pretty good. He had three putbacks in the first half, six total rebounds and an assist.

Rebounding machine. Some guys just have a nose for the boards and Ronnie has it.

JP cleaned the glass nicely early on but man, he got stripped a few times. Couple things there, get more strength in the hands and arms and stop bringing the ball down where the gnats can can their hands in play.

Martin also has a pretty good nose for rebounding and so does Cole.

Zach was rusty and is the human foul machine.

I think Toby will be outside the top 10 in due course but he too got some boards.

All in all I like the makeup of the bigs and have less concerns tonight than I had yesterday. Of course, they were playing against the shortest team they will see all year. Bring on the Roos!

Justin said he was super nervous when he went out there but Tazz kind of calmed him down and got him back into the game.

Rebounding machine. Some guys just have a nose for the boards and Ronnie has it.

JP cleaned the glass nicely early on but man, he got stripped a few times. Couple things there, get more strength in the hands and arms and stop bringing the ball down where the gnats can can their hands in play.

Martin also has a pretty good nose for rebounding and so does Cole.

Zach was rusty and is the human foul machine.

I think Toby will be outside the top 10 in due course but he too got some boards.

All in all I like the makeup of the bigs and have less concerns tonight than I had yesterday. Of course, they were playing against the shortest team they will see all year. Bring on the Roos!

Yes agree on Toby. He did pull down 7 boards which surprised me. But it's clear he could be the odd man out.

As I said in the postgame which the link is posted above, I thought last night was when we fully transitioned to the Big East. That looked like a BE lineup out their. Now they just need to get it together in the half court

Reactions: Jeremy Hauer
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but did they change their uniforms again? The team photo unis aren't the same as the game photos.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT