ADVERTISEMENT

Buy or Sell- Nova

Banter Tim

All American
Staff
May 29, 2014
Buy or Sell

Villanova- will they make their second straight Final Four.

Even though I know it's tough, in a lot of ways I think they will be better. I'm buying

They will most likely win the Big East this season. I think they will be very good but not Final Four caliber. I'm selling.

If we were to give them an automatic win in their first game, they'd have to be at about 80% to win the other three games just to be on the good side of a coin flip to make the Final Four. Making the Final Four is really hard and requires some good fortune. Sell.

Selling on Nova. I know they still have a lot of talent and will most likely win the Big East but I feel like the loss of Arcidiacono has to mean something and to me it means they don't make the Final Four. We heard all last season from our Villanova contacts how Archie was the best leader they'd had since Kyle Lowry, if thats true, that's a void more than talent can fill.

Final 4 is all about match ups and luck is involved. No one can be anything but a sell with Final 4 as the bar to top.

Sell.

PS - Hey, I just noticed that I had a 15th anniversary on Rivals. Now that's a wonk for ya.

If you're projecting which teams could make the final four wouldn't you project the four best teams? If thats the case Nova is one of the four best teams in the country. So yes there is a way someone can be anything but a sell

If the question is, "From a preseason perspective, is Nova one of the four best teams in the country?" Then I agree the answer is yes.

The NCAA Tourney is a crapshoot and the Final Four rarely has more than one, perhaps two of the Top 4 teams in the country playing on the final weekend.

WSU made the FF the year CU beat them two of three and almost got them on their home floor. LSU in 86, G Madon in 06 and VCU in 2011 all went FF as 11 seeds.

Thus, my opinion.

I'm selling. It's not that I don't think they can make it. It's just that so many things have to fall into place for ANYBODY to make the final four.

Nova just lost Freshman Omari Spellman who was supposed to take over for Ochefu. That is a huge loss. Nova will still win the Big East I think but that hurts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT