ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo Game Thread

banter heath

Senior
Staff
May 29, 2014
Jays favored by 19 tonight. Big target on their back now that they're ranked in the top ten. Hopefully they respond accordingly. Corey and I have the pregame show on 1620 the Zone from 6 pm to 7 pm. Tim and Ravi have the post game show live from DJ's Dugout downtown after the game.

Seems like the Bulls are sloppy with the ball, looking to see a huge first half for KT.
Bluejays: 97
BlueBulls: 70

Would love to see Jays top 100 again.

More progress from Martin, Ronnie, and Toby.

Out rebound the Bulls.

LOTS of Davion and Kobe in second half.

Reactions: banter heath
These next two games will be interesting. Was thrilled to see us have MAC games on the schedule

Buffalo has been very disappointing. They have really struggled. Akron will be a better test Saturday.

having Lamonte Bearden, who I think we lightly recruited, decide at the last minute to transfer out could not have helped the Bulls.

this doesn't look to be much tougher than Saturday's game was.

It is really hard to dominate a game when you spot a team 7 points fouling 3 pt shooters. It's just about as bad as a technical at killing momentum.

It is really hard to dominate a game when you spot a team 7 points fouling 3 pt shooters. It's just about as bad as a technical at killing momentum.

That is bad, but I think it's worse to get out-rebounded by about 10 by a team like this for the first half.

My bigger problem was that we came out and played like it was a scrimmage. We lacked urgency on defense and on the boards and were sloppy on offense. Obviously, we can get away with that against a tired Buffalo team, but team focus will have to improve if we want to achieve the goals we have.

Side notes: We were pretty much abused by Hamilton in the first half. How bad is Huff's health right now. His defense has never been good, but lately it's been worse than I remember from last year

Last edited:
They were actually 'only' spotted 6 points - he missed the free throw on the &1
Also, to be fair - 2 of them probably should have been offensive fouls - the shooter kicked out his legs to initiate contact. Still need to be more disciplined on the close-outs though.

Justin needs at least one more year to get stronger. Right now, he doesn't have the physical strength to compete with bigs in the pros. If he was drafted this year, I'm afraid that he would get placed in d-league limbo. That being said, he has amazing potential and is better than I thought he'd be at this stage. I hope the lure of money isn't too strong.

Reactions: dakphonics
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT