ADVERTISEMENT

2014-15 schedule

Banter Danny

Redshirt Freshmen
Staff
May 29, 2014
Rob Anderson just tweeted that the non-conference schedule will be tweeted out at @BluejayMBB starting at about 11:30 a.m.

This post was edited on 7/8 10:52 AM by Banter Danny

2014-15 Creighton Men's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Day Date Opponent Site Series History

Fri. Nov. 7 SIOUX FALLS (Ex.) CenturyLink Center Omaha N/A

Fri. Nov. 14 CENTRAL ARKANSAS CenturyLink Center Omaha First Meeting

Sun. Nov. 16 CHICAGO STATE CenturyLink Center Omaha CU, 3-0

Wed. Nov. 19 OKLAHOMA CenturyLink Center Omaha OU, 2-1

Emerald Coast Classic

Sun. Nov. 23 NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL CenturyLink Center Omaha CU, 1-0

Tues. Nov. 25 EASTERN ILLINOIS CenturyLink Center Omaha Tied, 1-1

Fri. Nov. 28 Ole Miss Niceville, Fla. First Meeting

Sat. Nov. 29 Middle Tennessee / Cincinnati Niceville, Fla. First Meeting / UC 2-1

Wed. Dec. 3 at Tulsa Tulsa, Okla. TU, 43-35

Sun. Dec. 7 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. NU, 25-22

Tues. Dec. 9 SOUTH DAKOTA CenturyLink Center Omaha CU, 48-11

Sat. Dec. 13 SAINT MARY'S CenturyLink Center Omaha SMC, 3-2

Fri. Dec. 19 TEXAS-PAN AMERICAN CenturyLink Center Omaha First Meeting

Sun. Dec. 21 at North Texas Denton, Texas CU, 5-4

What does everyone think about the schedule? Is Oklahoma the biggest regular season non con game ever in the history of the Centruy Link?

It would depend on the definition of "biggest"...whether u are speaking of numerical ranking, name status, rivalry status, or some other criteria. Guess the Sooners will be it rankings-wise if they are ranked 20th or better on game day.

Top Rankings -
2010-11 #21 BYU (L)
2006-07 #24 Xavier (W)

Rivals -
2005-06
Dayton - 2OT, 1 pt Win
Xavier - 2 pt Win

Name -
2013-14 / Dec 31st vs Marquette (although technically a Conf game)

Each of the above were "big" games. By default it looks like #21 BYU
IMHO the Marquette game stands alone as the biggest game at the CLink ever.

Right--that's why I phrased the question non conference game. Since we are in the Big East Marquette was a conference game.

When refering to biggest I guess I would combine all of the above. Not just ranking but name value of the program, strength of the team, coach, (Kruger is one of the best). I don't remember the Xavier game having a huge buzz around it, BYU did only becasue of Jimmer. That was a pretty average CU team and with a break or two CU could have won that game. I still think from an overall talent perspective, power conference match up Oklahoma will be the biggest.
This post was edited on 7/22 10:16 AM by Banter Tim

I'm pretty confident that Oklahoma will be ranked higher than #21 in the polls when they come in. A win in that game would be huge for the Jays and the Big East. I wish it was a Friday or Saturday night game.

It's probably on Wednesday because of TV, they be showing football on FS1 Fridays and Saturdays....

That is one theory but I believe ESPN has the rights to the crappy Friday night football games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT